5 Spots to Sip, Savor, See and Be Seen This Summer
When your town’s a year-round outdoor playground, alfresco dining options abound. But not all open-air eating experiences are created equal. So we tested the temperate tables at eateries in and around Del Mar, offering extra points for people-watching patios, fun fire pits and peaceful panoramas. And we racked up five spots with just the right mix of see-and-be-scenery for superb summer dining.
1. Tuck into salted caramel profiteroles and a few That Pink Gin Drinks around a fire table at The Barrel Room.
The Merge, 5550 Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego, California, 858.261.0720, CV.TBRSD.com
2. Feast on fish tacos and sample citrus ceviche while wave-watching at Poseidon on the Beach.
1670 Coast Blvd., Del Mar, California, 858.755.9345, PoseidonRestaurant.com
3. Order your oysters with a side of ocean vistas, and a glass of something sparkling, at Pacifica Del Mar.
1555 Camino Del Mar, Del Mar, California, 858.792.0476, PacificaDelMar.com
4. Upgrade brunch by adding people-watching and pomegranate mimosas at one of Sbicca’s sidewalk tables.
215 15th St., Del Mar, 858.481.1001, Facebook.com/SbiccaDelMar
5. Load up on lobster nachos while nestled next to the fire pits at the Pony Room.
Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, 5921 Valencia Circle, Rancho Santa Fe, California, 858.756.1123, RanchoValencia.com