Food Blogger/Photographer Justin McChesney-Wachs Selects His Favorite Culinary Tools
Justin McChesney-Wachs is a passionate food blogger and a self-taught professional food photographer. He cooks what he wants to eat, and his friends happen to want to eat it too. While not in the kitchen, he loves spending time traveling through food with his wife and their young toddler.
His blog, SaltPepperSkillet.com, is a food blog with a focus on seasonal recipes and techniques for the minimalist kitchen. The site was created out of the love for food, cooking, photography and sharing great meals with friends and family. Since we eat with our eyes first, there is a strong focus on photography of the food in all its natural beauty. Recipes can generally be made in under 30 minutes using fewer but better fresh, seasonal and healthy ingredients.
Justin’s Favorite Kitchen Tools
1. Thermapen Mk4 instant-read thermometer, $99, Thermoworks.com
2. Breville Smart Oven Air, $399.95, Breville.com
3. ChefSteps Joule Sous Vide, $199, Amazon.com
4. New Star Foodservice 43068 wood handle fish spatula, $5.95, Amazon.com
5. Benriner mandoline, $23.29, Amazon.com
6. Kuhn Rikon Original Swiss translucent peeler set, $9.95, Amazon.com
7. Helen Chen’s Asian Kitchen stainless steel spider strainer with natural bamboo handle, $11.88, Amazon.com
8. Rösle stainless steel egg topper with silicone handle, $13.05, Amazon.com